1. I think I’m ready to blow my school up. They are messing with people’s lives. At this point who knows how long my job will be available. If they take this offer off the table, someone is going to have to answer some serious questions. When I defend my thesis, right after my thank you and acknowledgement slide I’m going to have a grievances slide. I’m not holding any punches. Anyone can get it  from the President to the Dean to fellow students.
2. I went to the Kevin Hart show this past weekend and had a good time. Show was hilarious. I wish there were more things to do in Nashville on a more consistent basis. This city doesn’t really cater to young black professionals. Every venue that is halfway decent turns hood within two months of opening which can get daunting. I need to move back to a more cultured city.
3. I’m a television fanatic. Now that Lost and Heroes are off the air and Steve Carrell is leaving The Office I’m not really looking forward to the fall line up of television shows. The only shows (non reality tv) that I look forward to watching now every week are True Blood and Lie to Me. I am interested in watching this new show Boardwalk Empire. It seems like it might be a mix between the Wire and The Goodfellas. September 19th, HBO.
4. I’ve decided to step back and re-evaluate all the relationships in my life. This includes ALL relationships. It may be time to purge certain individuals from my existence. If you fall into this category don’t take it too personal. It’s me not you.
5. I think it’s hilarious how certain rappers can try to stretch certain words to try to get them to rhyme. For instance there is no way that Pinocchio should rhyme with truth. With that in mind, I’m feeling three songs this week. Here they are:
6. I was on facebook a couple of days ago and it’s interesting the things you find out about people’s lives without even trying. I’m now privy to the fact that my ex-girlfriend is not pregnant with her second child and is engaged. She looks happy. I’m happy for her. When you find out information like that your mind can only help but to go one of two directions.
7. One of my closest friends told me that I’ve gone back to being mean-spirited. When I first got to undergrad I was an introvert and I didn’t trust or like many people. It wasn’t until my later years of college that I became more outgoing and friendly. Now I don’t know if I would disagree with my friend. I think I just need to try harder to get back to being more friendly.
***edited to add*** Today is my six’s (and my front) birthday. Happy birthday Kennedy. Also tonight at 2:01am EST marks 8 years in the great world of Omega. Yes, we went into our last night on my LB’s birthday. Sucked for him.
That’s what’s been on my mind lately. What have you been thinking about?